Michael M. Clawson is a partner at Clawson & Clawson, LLP. Michael's practice emphasis is in the areas of Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Bankruptcy and Criminal Defense.
Michael is a zealous advocate for his clients. With over twenty years of experience, he is dedicated to representing his clients against modern-day Goliaths. Michael enjoys standing up and fighting for his clients against large and well-funded insurance companies who refuse to take responsibility or against the State's unjust criminal prosecutions. He has spent his career cultivating his craft as a trial attorney to even the playing field for his clients.
Michael attended Brigham Young University where he received a B.A. in Political Science. While at BYU, he was a member of the Pre Law Society and the Political Science Honor Society. Michael received his J.D. from the University Of Denver College Of Law. While in law school, he clerked for several different law firms including a firm that was in-house counsel for a national insurance company. During his last year of law school, Michael was the municipal prosecutor for the City of Thornton, Colorado. As a law student, he was responsible for the prosecution of all city ordinance violations.
After graduating from law school near the top of his class, Michael began working as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Aurora, Colorado. He was a City Attorney for over four years. During this time, he spent most of his time in trial, learning the art of trying cases. He tried over 50 jury trials and over 100 trials to the court. After leaving the City Attorney's office, Michael came back to his hometown and worked as an Associate, and later a Partner, at Clawson, Potter & Gardner, P.C.
In 2003, Michael opened a solo practice before joining forces with his father and brother to open the firm of Clawson & Clawson, LLP in 2004.
Michael has successfully represented thousands of clients over his twenty plus years of practice. He has won millions of dollars for his clients during this time. He has enthusiastically and zealously represented clients across the State of Colorado, trying cases in multiple County and District Courts. Michael has also argued cases before the Colorado Court of Appeals. Michael takes great pride in assisting those who have entrusted him with their most significant legal problems.
Michael is very active in the Trial Lawyer Community. He was elected by his peers to the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) Board of Governors. He was also asked to serve on the Executive Committee for the CTLA. In addition, Michael is a member of the Workers' Compensation Education Association.
Outside of practicing law, Michael has volunteered in various youth and church organizations. An Eagle Scout himself, Michael is a counselor for several merit badges and has served as the chairman of his local troop committee for the Boy Scouts of America. In 2012, he was the director of a youth camp attended by more than 100 young men. Michael has also coached numerous basketball teams.
Michael enjoys spending time with his family. He is very active and enjoys basketball, golfing, skiing, wake boarding, mountain bike riding and scuba diving.
- Super Lawyer (2021)
- Best Lawyers, Attorney of the Year (2021)
- Best Lawyers in America from Best Lawyers (2017-2021)
- Best Lawyers in America from US News and World Reports (2017-2021)
- Top Lawyers in Colorado Springs, Style Magazine (2013 - 2021)
- 10.0 SUPERB Rating by the AVVO Lawyer Ranking System (2013-2021)
- Top Attorney & Rising Stars in Colorado (2021)
- America’s Most Honored Lawyers (2020-2021)
- Top Rated Lawyer (2018-2021)
- Martindale Hubbell Distinguished Attorney (2013-2021)
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, Top 5% (2016 -2021)
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum Member
- Lead Counsel Rated - Personal Injury Law
- Runner up Best Attorney in Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Independent (2008)
- Best Attorney in Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph (2012)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Board of Directors (2012-2014)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Executive Committee (2013)
- "Top 100 Litigation Lawyers" in the State of Colorado, American Society of Legal Advocates (2013-2014)
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of DUI Attorneys
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer of CO from American Society of Legal Advocates
- National Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2016)
- State of Colorado
- United States District Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation Education Association
- National Association for Justice
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America