Emergency Room Errors in Colorado
Seek Compensation with a Colorado Springs Medical Malpractice Attorney
In the hustle and bustle of an emergency room, it can be quite easy to lose track of everything that is going on. Even the most experienced medical practitioners – such as tenured nurses, veteran surgeons, and certified paramedics – can get caught up in the distractions of the ER. If they do not get lost in the confusion, they might instead become exhausted, having worked long hours without a single break all day. When all of these factors add up, it is not only the medical staff that suffers – you do, as well, in the form of emergency room errors.
While it is understandable how a doctor, nurse, or clerk could become confused or tired amidst the chaos of the ER that is not an excuse to drop standards and make life-altering mistakes. If you have suffered injury, trauma, or damage to your overall health due to unacceptable treatment in an emergency room, you might be able to seek financial compensation.
A professional Colorado Springs medical malpractice lawyer from Clawson & Clawson, LLP can represent you while you focus on a rapid recovery. With an impressive record of success – as proven through case results and client testimonials – you can rest assured knowing that a dedicated and knowledgeable team can support you in your time of need.
Contact our firm today to learn how you can find justice for your unnecessary injuries.
Five Common Emergency Room Errors
In a frantic ER, almost anything can happen. Negligence or carelessness from the medical staff could lead to all sorts of emergency room errors and injuries to the patients that originally went there to get better.
There are five mistakes that seem to occur more often than any others. These are:
- Misdiagnosis: Hasty proceedings and check-ups in an emergency room could wrongfully diagnose a life-threatening disorder as something harmless, or even fail to recognize it at all. In certain circumstances, this simple mistake can even be fatal.
- Prescription error: If someone is given the inappropriate medication – or the right medicine but in the wrong dose – due to an emergency room error, the results can be catastrophic.
- Treatment delay: If clerks fail to acknowledge patients suffering from critical injuries or illnesses – or if they forget the order in which patients arrived – you may be left waiting for hours in an emergency room, completely unattended and suffering unnecessarily.
- Early discharge: When an emergency room starts to fill up, medical staff may begin discharging patients before a proper examination or treatment can be completed. In other situations, a patient might be excused but lack the proper after-care instructions.
- Refusal of service: In the event of an unexpected injury or sudden illness, you might not be able to locate all of your medical records or proof of insurance. If an emergency room refuses to treat you, despite the severity of your situation, this can be considered a form of medical malpractice.
Don’t Suffer in Silence – Seek Legal Counsel Today!
There seems to be a mindset amongst patients that medical staff always do their best, and that if anything goes wrong, it must not have been preventable. This is simply not true. Worst of all, most insurance companies will not even consider touching a medical malpractice claim, as it can be difficult to prove fault. At Clawson & Clawson, LLP, our medical malpractice attorneys in Colorado Springs can work even the biggest and most complicated of cases. Using our 100+ years of combined practice experience, we can uncover evidence, wherever it may be, and establish a strong case on your behalf.
I want to take this time to say thank you for all the work Mike, Tammy, Brenda and all the rest of your office staff. I was ...- Rose and Bryan
I was injured on the job in 2006, and due to improper care from Workers Comp I developed CRPS. I had Mike Clawson for my ...- Donna Baumann
They treated us with respect, kindness, compassion, and had integrity in all they did.- Christy
I recently had the pleasure of working with the law firm of Clawson and Clawson regarding an injury I sustained during a ...- Ann
Matt Clawson was simply outstanding! He was always responsive, seemed to take personal care of my divorce, and was ...- Former Client
I do believe my attorney Matt Clawson, has been given a gift from Lord God to protect women and help them through a divorce process.- Kathryn P.
I liked the fact that after giving me guidance, they encouraged me to attempt to find a way forward by myself to reduce their fees and avoid court costs.- Terry
I am very satisfied with my results. I'd definitely recommend them!- Former Client