Skip to Content
Offices In Colorado Springs, Pueblo, And The Denver Metro Area

A family in Colorado Springs recently credited their smoke detector for saving their lives. When an electrical fire started in the residential home's attic in the middle of the night, the smoke detector sounded loudly and woke up two people, along with their pets. Fortunately, everyone escaped without suffering injuries.

Firefighters near the family's home responded quickly and showed up just five minutes after getting the call. When they saw flames coming from the right side of the roof, they worked to put them out as fast as possible. Thanks to the crew's efficiency, the fire was extinguished within 15 minutes. The homeowners' were able to save $45,000 of their property due to the firefighters' quick response.

Functional Smoke Alarms in Homes Matter

According to the Colorado Springs Fire Department, smoke detectors cut down the risk of dying in a house fire by 50 percent. While many homes are equipped with these life-saving products, they are often lacking functional batteries. Even worse, manufacturers can make mistakes, thus risking the lives of those who depend on these now faulty products for their safety.

Smoke detectors are one of the most important pieces of a home and when they aren't assembled correctly, it can turn fatal. At Clawson & Clawson, LLP, we believe that these companies should be held accountable when a mistake does occur. We have over 120 years of combined experience representing individuals involved in product liability claims and much success in our endeavors.

If your family has experienced harm because of a defective smoke detector, please contact our Colorado Springs product liability attorney. We would be honored to fight for your right to fair compensation, starting today.

Share To: