Filing for Workers' Comp in Colorado

Need to file a claim for workers' comp benefits?

If you have been injured on the job, then it is in your best interest to speak with a workers' compensation attorney at Clawson & Clawson, LLP as soon as possible. This may be a highly stressful situation for you, and the last thing you need is to face the struggle of navigating the complexities of Colorado workers' compensation law. Instead, let us put our 120 years of combined experience to work for you. We have extensive familiarity with the workers' comp process and can stand by you at every stage of your claim for benefits. With our help, you can maximize the value of your claim and reduce the chances that you will be subjected to unnecessary delays or even a denial of benefits.

First Step in the Claim Process

Within four days of a workplace accident, you must provide your employer with written notice that you have suffered an injury and are preparing to file a claim for workers' compensation. In the event that you have developed an occupational disease as a result of toxic exposure or a repetitive stress injury, you must submit your notice within 30 days of the first distinct manifestation of the condition. As soon as this is done, your employer is required to refer you to an authorized medical care provider so that you can begin receiving the treatment you require to make a full and swift recovery. Don't worry that you will be fired for filing a workers' compensation claim; it is your right to claim benefits. In fact, your employer can incur harsh penalties for retaliating against you for filing a claim.

Guiding You Throughout the Process

Colorado Springs attorneys from our team can assist you with every aspect of your claim. This includes gathering the necessary documentation and medical records to prove the severity and scope of your injury, as well as negotiating with the insurance company over the value of the benefits you are due. We can even help you file an appeal in the event that your claim is wrongfully denied. Contact us now for a free consultation and to get started on your claim.

Request an
Initial Consultation