Michael M. Clawson
Michael M. Clawson is a partner at Clawson & Clawson, LLP. Michael's
practice emphasis is in the areas of
Social Security Disability, Bankruptcy and
Michael is a zealous advocate for his clients. With over twenty years of
experience, he is dedicated to representing his clients against modern
day Goliaths. Michael enjoys standing up and fighting for his clients
against large and well funded insurance companies who refuse to take responsibility
or against the State's unjust criminal prosecutions. He has spent
his career cultivating his craft as a trial attorney to even the playing
field for his clients.
Michael attended Brigham Young University where he received a B.A. in Political
Science. While at BYU, he was a member of the Pre Law Society and the
Political Science Honor Society. Michael received his J.D. from the University
Of Denver College Of Law. While in law school, he clerked for several
different law firms including a firm that was in-house counsel for a national
insurance company. During his last year of law school, Michael was the
municipal prosecutor for the City of Thornton, Colorado. As a law student,
he was responsible for the prosecution of all city ordinance violations.
After graduating from law school near the top of his class, Michael began
working as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Aurora, Colorado.
He was a City Attorney for over four years. During this time, he spent
most of his time in trial, learning the art of trying cases. He tried
over 50 jury trials and over 100 trials to the court. After leaving the
City Attorney's office, Michael came back to his hometown and worked
as an Associate, and later a Partner, at Clawson, Potter & Gardner, P.C.
In 2003, Michael opened a solo practice before joining forces with his
father and brother to open the firm of Clawson & Clawson, LLP in 2004.
Michael has successfully represented thousands of clients over his twenty
years of practice. He has won millions of dollars for his clients during
this time. He has enthusiastically and zealously represented clients across
the State of Colorado, trying cases in multiple County and District Courts.
Michael has also argued cases before the Colorado Court of Appeals. Michael
takes great pride in assisting those who have entrusted him with their
most significant legal problems.
Michael is very active in the Trial Lawyer Community. He was elected by
his peers to the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) Board of Governors.
He was also asked to serve on the Executive Committee for the CTLA. In
addition, Michael is a member of the Workers' Compensation Education
Outside of practicing law, Michael has volunteered in various youth and
church organizations. An Eagle Scout himself, Michael is a counselor for
several merit badges and has served as the chairman of his local troop
committee for the Boy Scouts of America. In 2012, he was the director
of a youth camp attended by more than 100 young men. Michael has also
coached numerous basketball teams.
Michael enjoys spending time with his family. He is very active and enjoys
basketball, golfing, skiing, wake boarding, mountain bike riding and scuba diving.
- Runner up Best Attorney in Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Independent (2008)
- Best Attorney in Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph (2012)
- Trial Lawyers Association (2013-2014)
- "Top 100 Litigation Lawyers" in the State of Colorado, American
Society of Legal Advocates (2013-2014)
- 10.0 SUPERB Rating by the AVVO Lawyer Ranking System
- Million Dollar Advocate Forum Member
- Top Lawyers in Colorado Springs, Style Magazine (2013 & 2014)
- Lead Counsel Rated - Personal Injury Law
- 10 Best 2014, Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of DUI Attorneys
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer of CO from American Society of Legal Advocates (2016)
- Best Lawyers in America from Best Lawyers (2017 lucite/plaque)
- National Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2016)
- State of Colorado
- United States District Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation Education Association
- National Association for Justice
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America