A family in Colorado Springs recently credited their smoke detector for
saving their lives. When an electrical fire started in the residential
home's attic in the middle of the night, the smoke detector sounded
loudly and woke up two people, along with their pets. Fortunately, everyone
escaped without suffering injuries.
Firefighters near the family's home responded quickly and showed up
just five minutes after getting the call. When they saw flames coming
from the right side of the roof, they worked to put them out as fast as
possible. Thanks to the crew's efficiency, the fire was extinguished
within 15 minutes. The homeowners' were able to save $45,000 of their
property due to the firefighters' quick response.
Functional Smoke Alarms in Homes Matter
According to the Colorado Springs Fire Department, smoke detectors cut
down the risk of dying in a house fire by 50 percent. While many homes
are equipped with these life-saving products, they are often lacking functional
batteries. Even worse, manufacturers can make mistakes, thus risking the
lives of those who depend on these now faulty products for their safety.
Smoke detectors are one of the most important pieces of a home and when
they aren't assembled correctly, it can turn fatal. At Clawson &
Clawson, LLP, we believe that these companies should be held accountable
when a mistake does occur. We have over 120 years of combined experience
representing individuals involved in product liability claims and much
success in our endeavors.
If your family has experienced harm because of a defective smoke detector, please
contact our Colorado Springs product liability attorney. We would be honored to fight for your right to fair compensation, starting today.